Saturday, July 4, 2009

Week Twenty-Seven: Land That I Love








HAPPY 4th of JULY! I couldn't resist stitching this Lizzie Kate design, "Land that I Love," to celebrate Independence Day. Don't you love the tiny gray sheep grazing in the field? I stitched this ornament on 32-count flax Belfast linen using Weeks Dye Works threads and a tiny star charm. The charm was originally a brass color, but I decided to paint it a pewter color to blend in better with the gray of the windows.








I also want to share another patriotic finish by Little House Needleworks called "America." I used 16 ct. Natural Heatherfield and DMC floss for this one and I would have to say that it's one of my favorite finishes. I've had this piece stitched for a while, but just got around to framing it this week. Hope you enjoy it and that you all have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend...

6 comments:

Viooltje (Violet) said...

Happy independance day, on your side of the ocean I'm just in time.
(here it is July the 5th)
;o)
I love houses.
Stitched, quilted, ornaments, all houses, I've a small collection of houses myself.

:o)

Leah said...

Those are great finishes, Carol! Happy Independance Day!

Patti said...

Hi Carol,

What beautiful finishes! I love the photos on your blog. I will visit again often!

Patti

Sweet Sue said...

Hi Carol, very nice to meet you, will visit your great blog often, adding yours to mine!

Sue in Victor (not your sister-LOL)

Kim said...

Very beautiful finishes, America by LHN is one of my favorite patriotic pieces.

I enjoyed looking thru your blog and seeing all the ornaments you have stitched. An ornament a week is a great idea. I will be back to visit again :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love these! The LHN one especially :o)